Friday, February 17, 2006

Blogging from Northern CA

Just thought I'd mention that I'm blogging in Northern California, specifically Dublin, CA, and I'm here in my relatives house thinking what are the hot races around here. Well, the city I'm staying in, Dublin, is located in the 11th Congressional district. This is a possible battleground because the incumbent, Rep. Richard Pombo, has ties with the Abramoff scandal. I'm going to give more info on this race in the near future but just know it's a race that could swing Congress either way, depending on how well the Democrats do nationwide.

Dublin is part of the general Bay Area region, meaning that it's not too far away from the 6th Congressional District, where the incumbent and progressive Rep. Lynn Woolsey is facing a primary challenge from the more moderate state Rep. Joe Nation. Ms. Woolsey has a strong progressive record, and this record matches the progressive nature of this district quite well. Also, scandal free incumbents are always difficult to defeat, so unless Mr. Nation walks to every single house in the district, I don't expect any change in this seat. There are of course those seeking to get to Sacramento through statewide and legislative races, with the key race being the battle for governor. Those are pretty much the major races up here, so I'll be back in Southern Cal soon reporting on other races across the nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counter